The days leading up to Valentines day I had a feeling that I might be pregnant. So Jayden and I headed to the store to pick up a few cards for Daddy, chocolates, and a pregnancy test. When Josh got home that evening he had gotten Jayden and I a huge fruit arrangement from edible arrangements. It had tons of chocolate covered strawberry's, heart shaped pineapple, and grapes. It was delicious (making me have a craving as I type this). After we ate our weight in fruit I went off to take the test. A few minutes later it was revealed that we were indeed pregnant with baby #2.
Later that week I scheduled my first appt. with the nurse practitioner. At that appt. I was told that my due date was October 23rd, asked a few questions, and then I was off to have blood work done. I was feeling a little nauseous that day but not too bad but when she stuck the needle in I passed out and when I came back to I was sweating all over. The nurse said she thought I had had a small seizure, but wasn't too concerned since she let me drive myself home. This was the start to many weeks of nausea and lack of appetite.
The next appt. was with Dr. Lewis on Josh's bday. She wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat by doppler so we had our first ultrasound. Everything checked out fine and our little peanut was measuring right on target with my due date.
During the first 20 weeks of pregnancy I was extremely nauseous and could barely eat. Nothing ever sounded good and if I had a craving by the time it was in front of me I wanted nothing to do with it. During this time period I had managed to loose 12 lbs.
The big Ultrasound was scheduled for June 2, 2011. Josh and I along with Jayden and our Moms went to this appt. The baby was being very stubborn and wouldn't turn so it took the tech forever to get the pics that she needed to check the babies anatomy. Finally she was able to check the sex of the baby. It didn't take long for her to say it was A GIRL!!! I may have shed a few tears of joy. It was such a shock to me because I had thought all along that it would be a boy and I was kinda excited about it, but then when she said girl I was just filled with so much joy that I couldn't contain myself. Just for the record Josh said all along that it was a girl and he said Jayden would be a boy. I guess one day I'll learn to listen to him.
Later that same day Josh, Jayden, Josh's Mom, and I headed over to Louisville to do a little shopping. We were all pretty excited to go buy something pink. It was in that same car ride that Josh and I confirmed that we would be naming our daughter Hadley Lynae. Josh's middle name being Lynn and mine Renee so we combined them to make Lynae.
I had to schedule another ultrasound with my next regular appointment so that they could try to get a few extra shots of her heart. Unfortunately just like the time before she was extremely stubborn and never turned the right way to get those shots. Both techs were able to get views just not the ones they would regularly like. Dr. Lewis looked over them and said that everything looked perfect.
The next few appts. went well. At my 31 week appt. Dr. Lewis walked in with a bigger belly than I had. I was shocked she had never said anything about being pregnant. After discussing it with her she is due a week after me. At this appt. she discussed taking the baby at 39 weeks so that it assured us that she would deliver. At the same appt. Dr. Lewis did an exam to make sure that all the pressure issues I was having wasn't causing me to dialate but all checked out ok.
After that appt. I had some major pain in my pelvic bone, so along with pressure and this new pain I have been pretty miserable. Especially after being on my feet the whole time at work. It's a good thing I only work 2 days a week.
My 36 week appt. showed that I was dialated to a good 2 cm but she was still pretty high up. She put the date of October 17th on her calendar for an induction date if I hadn't had her by then. I also was tested for Strep B at this appt. and it came back negative.
My 37 week appt. showed that I was dialated 2-3 centimeters but she hadn't come down any. I had been having contractions on and off for 2-3 days, so I was really hoping that I had progressed a little further but no such luck.
My 38 week appt. didn't show any changes in dialation but she had dropped. Dr. Lewis stripped my membranes and told us that she would see us on the morning of the induction unless Hadley decided to come sooner.
I hoped that she would come on her own but the weekend came and went and before I knew it it was Monday morning. Let the induction begin:)
Birth story to come.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment