Friday, April 23, 2010

How I met the man of my dreams...

I have been reading Kelly's blog for quite sometime know and I have always wanted to participate in the Show Us your Life Friday segment that she does. So when I saw the topic for today was "How you met your Husband" I had to share. So here goes.
It all began on August 3, 2007. I was sitting at my Mom's house when she turned to me and asked if I would consider doing the whole Match.com thing. Mom had been bugging me for months about dating. She was a little more than just obsessed with finding someone for me. I on the other hand could care a less at the time. I was a senior in college and working 2 jobs what more did she want?

I decided to give in and give it a try (she offered to pay so what did I have to loose, right?) That night we spent several hours putting together my profile and uploading pictures. I then headed back to my apartment and by that time it was way after midnight. I decided to open up my account just to see if anyone had said anything. To my suprise I had 2 messages and one person had winked at me.
After reviewing my messages I started to get a little concerned because all three guys were named Josh. I thought it was all a big scam. I responded to the messages and then wasn't sure how to proceed with the Josh that had just winked. It was a little awkward. I came up with a short message just to get conversation going and then called it a night.
The next day I spent most of my time writing messages back and forth to the Josh that had just winked. This went on for the next few days and then he asked if I would like to go to a Riverbats game with him the following Saturday. I was nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time.
Josh and I both were listed as living in New Albany but neither of us had mentioned exactly where. When he told me that he lived close to IUS I remember thinking that we must be pretty close to each other. I would have never guessed that we were practically neighbors. We were both living in Arbor Place Apartments and he lived all the way in the front and I lived all the way in the back.
We had a few other things happen to us that freaked us out along the way. Like...I had just spent an entire week in Crawford County watching my little brothers baseball tournament and it just so happens that Josh is from Crawford County and the field that my brother played on Josh maintained all through high school. And little things like our telephone numbers have all the same numbers in them just mixed up a little. My B-day is June 25th and his is March 25th.
We went on our first date on August 11, 2007 and the rest is history. We were engaged by February 2008 and married June 21, 2008. We welcomed our beautiful baby boy on July 10, 2009 and our now a happy family of 3. I don't know what I would do without my awesome, wonderful, amazing husband. He truly is my soulmate.
My mom still jokes to this day that she spent $100 for me to marry my neighbor. All I can say is that he was worth every penny. I can't think her enough for persuading me to give it a try. I Love you Mom!


Our first picture!

Engagement Photo!


Our Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment