Today I decided to make a call to Dr. Riley with some concerns that I was having with heart palpitations. I had discussed this with her at my last appointment, but she said that it was normal as long as it wasn't followed with sweating, racing heart, or shortness of breath. She also said that if it worsened that she wanted me to let her know. The past two weekends I have had some pretty bad episodes of this happening, so I decided to call.
I left a message with one of the nurses and shortly later she called back telling me that I needed to go to the emergency room. After explaining to her that I had already discussed it with Dr. Riley she said that she would ask her what she thought and then give me a call back. She called and said that I needed to come on in and meet with the nurse practitioner.
Forty dollars and an hour and a half later I was referred to the cardiologist. Could they not have just done that in the first place? Now I have an appointment with a cardiologist on Wednesday. Hopefully everything will be just fine.
I atleast got to hear Jayden's heartbeat while I was there. He apparently was doing somersaults the whole time she checked him. It was too cute.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I experienced some of that towards the end of my pregnancy but then it went away. Hope all went well at your appointment.
ReplyDelete